Adding Merge Tag Mapping to a MailChimp direct integration.
Merge Fields can be added to Questions in order to gather further information that can be append to a contact in MailChimp.
Creating Merge Tags in MailChimp.
- Open the List, where the contact's merge filed will be used.
- Click on Settings, and some options will appear
- Click on List fields and *|MERGE|* tags.
- At the bottom click on Add A Field, and a new field will appear.
- After setting up the field, click on Save Changes.
Adding Merge Field to Questions in Bucket.io
Select the List where the contact will be passed in a Discovery survey. On a Segmentation Funnel add the correct list to every Outcome. (If you are having problems seeing pictures in this article, click any and they will expand).
- Under Merge Tag Mapping, click on Add Mapping.
- Select a Question in the Drop-down menu.
- In front of the Question use the Drop-down option to select the Merge field.
- Manually enter the information that will populate the Merge filed selected for every possible Answer.
- Click on Save Changes.