Your First Segmentation Funnel: 5 Common Mistakes To Avoid
When you're ready to create your first segmentation funnel, it's important to avoid some common mistakes.
Whether you are creating a quiz, assessment or diagnostic, or you want to amp up your funnel by giving people customized offers based on their answers to specific questions, you are going to need to create a Segmentation Funnel. Following are the top five things to avoid when doing so.
1. Starting your Segmentation Funnel build with the questions first.When you create your Segmentation Funnel, it’s a best practice to start by creating your outcomes before you create your questions. Then you can work backward from there, ensuring all your questions are helping lead someone to a specific outcome.
When the questions are too complex and time-consuming, the number of people dropping out of your Segmentation Funnel will increase significantly. Another best practice is to keep your questions to a minimum. Only add essential questions to help you lead people to the relevant outcome.
2. Creating unnecessarily long and complex funnels
3. Not properly integrating your email service provider (ESP)Bucket.io integrates with numerous ESPs seamlessly, via Zapier API integration. These ESPs include ActiveCampaign, AWeber, Drip, HubSpot, MailChimp, Ontraport, Infusionsoft, Zoho and more. You can learn more about How To Prepare Your Segmentation Funnel for Zapier Integration here.
4. Using Lackluster graphicsAdding visual graphics to your Segmentation Funnel can dramatically increase how many leads you get, how many people complete your survey, and even how well people comprehend your questions.
5. Not inputting the metadataWhen you create your Segmentation Funnel, Bucket.io gives you the opportunity to add metadata, including Title, Description, and Image. This is important because social media and search engines use this information to show the information you want people to see, as opposed to a standard Bucket.io placeholder. So, if you want to stand out on social media and in search engines, make sure you add your metadata in the Configure section of your Segmentation Funnel.
Still have questions? Reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.